Seven Quickie Programs
Here are 7 things a librarian can teach genealogists to help them become more independent learners in less than 7 minutes. Take a look for yourselves
1. How to find a genealogy book by subject in the catalogue
2. How to understand the book classification (Dewey and Cutter numbers) and find books.
3. How to load and use the microfilm reader or reader printer
4. How to complete an interlibrary loan request form
5. How to use a gazetteer
6. How to link the Gazetteer of Canada entry to the National Topographical Survey maps
7. How to use a directory of archives, libraries or museums to find other resource centres in their area of interest.
I'll bet you can think of seven more! You tell me.